Search

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Google Earth

Last night as I was about to go to sleep, I saw my room mate in the cafeteria. Actually my room mate comes from Shanghai, China. He and his friend (i forgot her name), were looking at pictures of the world in 3D. At first I thought that they were playing computer games as most of the computer games now are in 3D. They were looking where our school is on the map. They use Google Earth to watch this. It's really fasinating to see the earth in 3D from a satelitte view.

So I joined with them to search for our school. It was difficult for us at first because it was so big and we didn't know where to start. We've found the KLCC petronas Twin Tower. :) Then I went back in my room to fetch the map of KL, then we started to search through the map. It was so fun! I knew where our school was on the map but we were trying to find it in the satelitte view. I was too difficult. Then we got the idea to search by looking at the road, it was good at first then it was not good, so we had to start all over again! We kept on searching and searching! It was real fun! Finally we found our school!!! Wow it was so great! :)

Afterwards they told me to search for Mauritius, our beautiful small island where nobody knows where is it! :p So I typed mauritius and then it moved quickly and stop in the blue sea. Then we zoom in and zoon in more but it was only blue. It was weird, then I say "how come! My little country has gone from the map of the world?" We all laugh!!! :D There got to be some problem in it. Mauritius gone!!! Vous vous rendez compte!!!! : So we zoom out to see where is Madagascar, and we found Mauritius!!! :D hehe... Actually when I typed Mauritius, it was in small letter. So that's why it landed in the complete blue sea!!!

When we found Mauritius, they say "Oh so small island!" I usually hear that most of the time here. They don't know where is Mauritius. So I usually tell them, "you see Mauritius is near Africa. Africa is here, Madagascar is here and Mauritius is here, can you see the small dot, well that's Mauritius!" "OHHH SO SMALL LAH!!!", their usual answer! :p It's quite rare to see people who knows about Mauritius and our beautiful beaches! So where was I? Yeah when we view Mauritius through satelitte, they were really amazed! We saw Port Louis, the reduit Stadium, beaches and swimming pools!!! Did you know that in Mauritius there were a lot of swimming pool? They never saw so much swimming pool in such a country. We also saw my house! Yeah!!! :D hehe... so great!!! :D I could view what my brother and sister were doing! :p haha no lah, this one I'm joking! :p But I wish I could! :D

Finally we viewed Shanghai, their home country! They say compared to Mauritius, their sea and rivers are yellow!!! Yerk! But the town is really really big!!! I saw their school in Shanghai and their house too! Wow it's so big there!!! Lots of building and no green as Mauritius. They say that one day they will come to Mauritius to see all the nice beaches and blue lagoon! And guess what? In Mauritius there was so many clouds that there are places that we could not view. They wanted to breathe our fresh and pure air! Compared to Shanghai, they say it's very polluted. In the end, we all said that we will go another one's country to visit! So good! (You see Jo, I promote our country! Will bring more tourist la! :p hehe)

Those who want to view their house or anything else through satelitte, you can check out http://earth.google.com/ and download and install the program so that you can view any places you want! You can view me too!!! :D Mai pa tro veille mo pa zaffair coma dir banes CTU(Counter Terrorist Unit) la! :p hehe.. If you want to view me, just let me know first so that I may be very careful of each step I take! :p hahahaha!!!

Ok enjoy the Goggle Earth! :)

God bless,
Robin

No comments: