Search

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Some updates after 4months!!!

Finally I'm back on my blog again after so many happening things!!! It has been... hmm... let me count first... hmm.... Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov.... yeah almost 4months that i haven't updated my blog!!! wow!!! *everybody say wow*

Well these are the happening things...................

-EMERGE KL 07-



EMERGE KL 07 is the youth conference that has really impacted my life and it's the greatest conference I've ever attended!!! 3 nights that blew my mind away with lots of fun! Ps Kong Hee from City Harvest Church Singapore came for this conference together with his worship team with super praise and worship!!!



There were a lot of famous artistes and business people. These famous people shared of how God has changed their lives from being poor on earth but rich in Christ and how they become famous and prosperous. Most of them were from Taiwan and Singapore. Ps Kong preached on how to make an impact in our college and shared about the marketplace. It was really interesting and gave me creativity to do more for the Kingdom of God.


Transformers Competitions

-Orientation-

Just after the Emerge Conference, I was involved in the Uni's orientation. Being a student council member, I had to help new students to find their way to the hall for all their briefings. First day was a very tiring day! The day before I was so excited for orientation that I couldn't sleep and I have to meet up in college at 7:30am! Just imagine, I was there at 7:30am and guess what time i came back home? I came back at the same time, but PM!!! I was really tired as I returned home. I immediately took my shower then i went to sleep directly without having my dinner and I woke up the another day of orientation at 8am! Wow!!! The 2nd day was not bad, not really tiring. It was quite fun to meet new people, especially international students. I met a lot from Indonesia. I love indonesian people. They are fun and crazy!

-1 year in Malaysia-

I've finally spent one year in Malaysia. It's not bad after all. I've adapted quite well to this country with the culture and food. I have a lot of friends from different countries and I have quite a good reputation in school.
On this special occasion, my 1st anniversary of being in Malaysia, I've treated my cell group members for dinner. I was so blessed to bless them. Then I shared a short testimony of how God blessed my life by being in City Harvest Church and being part of this cell group. Nobody knew that I was about to treat them! hehe... No cake this time.


-Genting Highlands-



Genting Highlands is a place on highlands, very cold but no snow, same like Mauritius' winter! :) It's a place where we can have fun in the theme park! I went with a group of friends from Christian Fellowship (CF) which are Jonathan, Su Ann, Leslie, Leonard, Joanna, Michelle and Christy.



I spent one night there and I can tell you that it was really cold!!! I think Mauritius is even colder than this because it's been a long time that I haven't felt so good with fresh air!!! I think when I miss home, I shall go there!!! hehe... I went on roller coastersssss.... yeah a lot of roller coasters there, all different and all a lot of fun! The more u go in, it's no more fun! So that's why we change from roller coasters to roller coasters! I had a chance to do Go KART also! Haha!!! This was fun!!! I finally know how to drive!!! No that difficult after all! hehe...



-International Welcome Party

As being the Vice-President of Student Council for International Students *ahem*, I was the chairperson to make an international welcoming party for the international students of this intake. Indeed, it was very challenging for me. I spent 2 stressful weeks in making this welcoming party a success. My target was 300 students for this party as I organized the whole event but I had a breakthrough attendance of more than 300 students for this party. I was surprised! I had to make a lot of phone calls, do the follow up, create my own team for this party, etc.. Imagine I was like Kofi Annan, the former secretary of the United Nations, meeting students from different international assiociation of the college. Wow!!! At least everyone knew how to speak English! So I met up with them and asked them to promote this event for their country mates. At first, they came late as expected so we were not ready yet. But the good thing is that everyone had fun in the end!

-Formal Dress Code-



Last 2 weeks, I had some events whereby I had to wear a formal dress, which i don't usually wear. So I had to bring along with my fashion consultant and classmate Joanna with me to Mid Valley and shop for formal clothes. I had to wear for a launching thing on the net whereby the deputy minister of higher education came for this event. I was asked to be the usher. It's the 2nd time I met the DM of Higher Education in person. The first time was when I was invited to the Minister's house. Haha!! Not bad this Robin! hahaha!!! *ahem* Another day that I had to wear formal was when the Minister of Education invited me to an open house, in a big hall in putrajaya (where all the offices of the ministers are). So 2nd time in a week I wore formal dress and I met and chitchat with the Minister. *ahem* 3rd time, I was asked by the college to be a Model *ahem* for the school brochure. So I had to pose for session of photo shoots!!! I had to wear formal again as I had to act as if I was a businessman. I got to put make up for the first time also! Haha!! I became so handsome that I couldn't recognize myself! Hahaha!!! Just imagine as I say that! Finally last and not least, I had to wear formal again for the Prom Night of A Levels whereby I was the MC. I had never wore formal like that for my whole life! In a week, it's like 5 times!!! Not bad, not bad at all!!! hihi ^^


Me and Lim Kian (SALSA President) and Patricia (MC partner) and I

Well that's the end of all my lately updates for the past 4months. If I'm not mistaken, there were more, but I'm lazy to think about it and type it out. hehe... Please comment on the Cbox on ur right hand side! :) GOD BLESS U ALL!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thank god you are back... :)

Unknown said...

hi robin finaly you are back...
haha at least i say something god bless!!

Unknown said...

hmmmm....
u look different....ya...
u look happier...
ya....