Search

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Break Free

Break Free has become a very common word for me. I hear it every time; in church, at home, on campus and on the net. The first time I came across this term, it was the song Breaking Free in High School Musical. I like the song very much because it's a duo song. I've always love duo songs because there's a feeling that they both share. It's the feeling of the song!

The other time I heard of this term was in church during prayer meeting. It was a new song for us by Hillsong called Break Free. "So won't you break free, won't you break free, his love!", that's how it sounded like. The first time I heard it in church, it was a cool and exciting song where everyone learned it so fast. Prayer meeting was on a Tuesday night and we had a special weekend service with Pst Joakim Lundqvist from Sweeden. Pst Joakim is a youth pastor and he motivates every youths to make a difference in their society and especially in their colleges. That weekend there was this song again saying, "So won't you break free, won't you break free!" It was quite fun because this time while we were singing this song, on the LCD projector we can view sequences of anime such as Naruto and Bleach. Haha!!! It was so good!! From that time I started to like amine! hehe...

Today while I was listening to the song Break Free again, this term started to resound in my head. "Break Free, Break Free!" *echo* Then I started to ask myself, what does Break Free mean? So I went to the Oxford Online Dictionary. This is what it means:
"Break free is to escape from confinement or control"
In other words to break free is to escape from something that is hindering you, something that is controlling you. From that time, this word has become a powerful word to me! A lot of times there are things that is hindering us from growing and to carry on with life; hatred, broken heart, depressed, anger, procrastination, laziness, etc...

Friends, this song is about the love of God. There's no escape in it and no mistake in it. It is true across the world, His love is known. My question is, Won't you break free and get up and dance for His love that never ends?

Let's break free and make a difference in the society today!

No comments: