Search

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A place of AGREEMENT is a place of POWER!!!

ChurchWide Prayer Meeting


I just came back from our ChurchWide Prayer Meeting. Prayer Meeting was great!!! I always love to go for prayer meeting. Every prayer meeting is getting better and better! I remember before in my home church, at St Paul's Church, when talk about prayer meeting, there's only a few people in the church who will come and pray.

Since I've joined City Harvest Church(CHC), my perspective about prayer has changed a lot. Before that I didn't really consider prayer as an important thing in life although I was a cell intern back home. Yeah I used to pray but since I'm in that CHC, my prayer life has completely changed. Now I realize that prayer is such an important thing in every Christians' life. Without prayer, a Christian cannot be called a Christian. It's like a body without life and a life without breathe! My pastor Kevin, Keith my cell supervisor, and Kristy my cell leader have taught me a lot about prayer and how to press on in prayer and indeed I've grown maturely in the Lord.

Now I feel like going back to my hometown and share to my church how I have grown wisely and maturely in the Lord and I just want to motivate the youths to learn how to pray strong. Back home when I attended prayer meeting, there were only a few people and it was a boring thing for me. I never understood how come the people pray for our church and never get tired. Now I understood why a lot of people didn't want to join the intercession group although we announce it every week. I remember the first time I went for a prayer meeting in my church, I felt asleep.

I praise God for putting me in CHC as I learned how prayer can change my life, life of people and change a nation. Prayer moves the hand of God. Every time when I don't feel like praying, I've learned one thing, "FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT!" Prayer doesn't depend on feeling but depends on the choice you make. So I just fake it, until I make it! When we all gathered for our monthly Churchwide Prayer Meeting, it always brings down the presence of God so strong! A place of Agreement is a place of Power!!! That's what Prayer Meeting is all about! :)

No comments: