Search

Monday, November 26, 2007

FAKE it until you MAKE it!

Recently I've noticed a lot of things happening in my life. Few weeks ago, I've realized that I was backslided without realizing it. Since Emerge Conference, I was so refreshed and transformed but there was a time that I didn't know that I was backsliding from God. I was getting myself far away from God, step by step.

I only got to notice that when I went to cell group in Sunway, which is very seldom I go there. There was Leo who was sharing the warmth time. He was sharing that since very small, he was praising God in everything he does. He praise God for this studies, for his food that we get everyday, praise God for his parents, etc. He also said that throughout all the times he praised God and give Him all the glory, that's the time he became a top student in his entire primary school. It's only until he started to join secondary school and his results started to drop. Why is that? This is because he was getting too comfortable all the time that God has blessed him. So afterwards he encouraged us to share a very good praise report and not to be too comfortable with our blessings, we should always praise God in all circumstances.

I was really touched by his sharing and I've realized that my walk with God hasn't been very good. I've been far away from him. I haven't been praying nor reading my Bible. I've only been doing so in church only. But to pray and to read the Bible is not only in church, but also to any other places like our house, our room, in the train, in the bus, or even in the toilet and so on. I felt that prayer is very important in every Christian living. It's the foundation of our daily living for God. So when I came back to God, I prayed and praised God in every single thing I do and in all things that God has blessed me. But little did I know that it was not an easy thing to do. I started to pray and praise God again, I realized that I was not normal either. I was not feeling myself and being filled. I felt like my prayers were worthless. Some of us would say, "Oh God won't forgive you already!" But no, this is how it is actually.

My life is like a mountain, where I climbed 50% of it, then I fell at the foot of the mountain. I fell without realizing that it until my head hit the floor. When I hit the floor, I then knew that I fell. So it's the same as my own life. I fell off the mountain so low that I didn't realize it. To be able to feel strong and faith-filled again, it's to climb the mountain again. That's the reason also that I cannot feel God's presence so strong as it used to be before, but when you get closer to God, that's where He will draw closer to us as well. Then I remember what Pastor said in his preaching, when you cannot pray, don't depend and listen to your emotion, don't wait until you feel it then you pray, no but FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT!!! I pressed on and pray everyday without fault and praising God all the time. Indeed God is a faithful God and He blessed my life and I've been strong, spirit-filled and faith-filled.

Friends, I would like to encourage you, just as I've been backslided for quite some time, God knows your heart and He is ready to forgive you and renew your life again. If sometimes we don't feel like praying, stop here! Don't depends on your feeling, but Fake it until you Make it! Just pray and praise God in everything you do. He said that he will bless you, and will bless you indeed! C'mon get this blessing from Him!

No comments: