Search

Sunday, August 05, 2007

EMERGE




Hello All!

It's quite difficult to update on blogspot. Sometimes I have no inspiration to write down anything. But let me tell you that there's a lot of things happening in my life. My life is full of fun, happiness and sadness as well. I'll seldom put my sadness on my blog, because I don't want people to feel sad too. So better be a happy blog! :) hehe...

EMERGE - is the largest youth conference ever in Malaysia. It is organized by City Harvest Church and during the conference, there won't be only speakers talking and concerts, there's gonna be more than this! The amazing thing is that there'll be a lot of competition going on. To be able to compete against each other, we were classified as different teams which we call it clusters, according to our universities. There's the Sunway-Monash Cluster, Metropolitan-INTI-Nilai-Taylors (MINT) Cluster, Local Universities (LU) Cluster and the Various Universities (VU) Cluster and I'm in VU Cluster! :)

It happens once every year at the same period. Unfortunately I reached the land of Malaysia on the last day of their conference. This year I'm happy that I finally made it! Here are the competition that we're going to do as follows:

1. Sports Mania
2. Parade of Schools
3. Beauty Pageant and Manhunt
4. Transformers Competition
5. Acrylic Painting
6. Talentime
7. Fashion Streets of Tokyo
8. Lightning English Chess
9. Lightning Chinese Chess
10. SMS Shootout 2007
11. Nintendo Wii Challenge (Boxing)
12. Nintendo Wii Challenge (Tennis)
13. PS2 Challenge (Winning Eleven)
14. LAN Gaming Challenge (Counterstrike)
15. LAN Gaming Challenge (DOTA Challenge)
16. Who wants to be a Missionary?
17. Essay Writing
18. How Smart Are You? IQ Test
19. Spelling Bee
20. Word Power
21. Personal Testimony
22. Preaching Challenge
23. Photography Competition
24. Shoe Design
25. Multimedia Trailer Challenge
26. Multimedia Short Film

I had the chance to join the Preaching Challenge and the Talentime. For the preaching challenge, there were a lot of good preachers, all young adults like me! I was preaching on Evangelism. It was my first time to preach on stage in front of many people and it was a very good experience. It was not so good but at least I tried. Better to try than to give up! For the Talentime, it was a time to show our talents on stage. The Talentime competition was yesterday morning till afternoon. I was amazed by all the performers there. Most of them were really good, I must say very talented people. This competition was divided into 5 different categories: Vocal, Song Writing, Dance, Hosting and Freestyle. Guess which one I've join? :p hehe.. Yeah I joined for the vocal. I had to present a song without music. It was my first time singing without music and everyone was looking at me. Wow!!! What a good experience!!! I really enjoyed the competition. The competition was a bit similar to American Idol and Star Academy but there were no voting. It's just the preliminaries. So I was number 88 and when the hosts said my name, I went on stage. This is how I went through, "Hi my name is Robin and I'm from VU cluster. Today I would like to perform a song called I believe I can fly by R. Kelly." Wow! Everyone applause!!! I was so amazed and I started to sing. "I used to think that I could not go on..." Suddenly I stopped because I forgot the lyrics completely!!! Oh my goodness!!! Then 2 of the juries who I know, encouraged me to continue. Then I sang the song. When I started to sing, everyone was shocked and amazed that I can sing and I could see them cheering and applause!!! Wow!!! What a feeling! I enjoyed it very much! The reason why I forgot my lyrics is because I was so amazed by the other performers before me and I was cheering up for them. Most of the performance were really good and I must admit that even better than I! Wow wow wow!!!

At the end of the Talentime, I was congratulated by my friends saying that I did very good. Some came to tell me that they were shocked to see me singing and said, "I didn't know that you could sing. You're so good, I hope that you go for the finals!" Some of my competitors also came and said, "I'm sure I loose, definitely you'll go for finals!" Those who were better than me also told me that. Before the church service start, I got to meet one of the juries who is the worship leader and told me, "You did very good, you got a very good voice!" Wow!!! For the jury to tell me that, then it must be true!!! I'm not being proud of myself but I thank God for giving me such a good voice and for people who encourage me to go further. After this, it motivates me a lot to join the worship ministry so that I can serve God.

Today I finally got the results for the Talentime competition and I was not selected. Well I was expecting that I won't be selected. If I was selected, I would be really shocked!!! It's better to be like that. I went for the competition just for fun, to get back this experience of being on stage again and singing solo.

Well that's all from me and that's all the competition I'm participating, it was fun and I enjoyed it. That's the most important thing. At least I try so that I can be better! :)

No comments: