Search

Friday, January 04, 2008

December happenings!

Well December has been pretty a busy month for me. My latest post was about Cristine's birthday. As you all can read, it has been a fun and original birthday! In this post I'll tell you all that I've been doing in the whole of December.

1st of all, there was my final exams. I was busy preparing for 2weeks. Everyday I was studying like crazy from morning till late at night (well from morning to morning i must say). I want to praise God because in the previous final exams I was sick and this time I wasn't sick at all! Most of the time I was eating at home because I didn't feel like eating outside. So either I cook myself or just buy bread and eat at home.

Next, just after my last day of exams, there was a Pre-Christmas Celebration with Christian Fellowship(CF). That day I felt so relieved as exams have ended. I could finally enjoy and celebrate Christmas with my friends. We had a lot of food and as usual it's always the chicken that has to finish first! By the time I say, "never mind ladies first!" Hep!!! I didn't know that those ladies are chicken freak!!! Tskk!!! :P When we finished our dinner we sang Christmas Carols, as usual when you meet with other Christians from different churches, it's not all the songs that you will know for sure. It was quite fun!

My next target was supposed to be a trip to Malacca together with Ivy and Patricia but unfortunately Ivy's parents didn't allow her to go and then it was flooding around there that day. So just imagine if we went there, we had to take the ship to go there! haha!!! Never mind, at least on Tuesday 18th there was prayer meeting. As I always say, prayer meeting is always the best place to be although you're in the period of exams, crisis or even in times of joy! Again, we all gathered together and prayed for our new building and pray for the Kefira Show (our Christmas Production).

During Christmas week, I went to stay at Martin's place since last year also I went to stay there for Christmas. It's far better to go to other places than to stay in Cheras because it's always one of the most boring place ever during the holidays! Yeah Christmas was quite good, I went around with Martin and had to babysit Darell also. We went to Starbucks as Martin had to work, so to take care of Darell, I had to on my laptop also and open yotube. I was thinking of putting sometimes like Dinosaurs but I'm scared that it's too scary for him. So I put the Cartoon Transformers for him, since he's a very big fan of transformers (more fan than me i must say). hehe.. Actually it's pretty good thing that I stayed at Martin's place. I got to go to a wedding ceremony (malaysian version). It was in a garden where I'm not so sure where is it but it was beautiful!!! It was a very touching and romantic wedding that I've ever seen. I couldn't attend the wedding dinner but at least I had fun in Pavilion. It was my first time there and there was indeed a lot of things. At first I got lost but I could find my way in the end. :)

I was supposed to stay at Martin's place for 8days, from 19th to 26th, but on the 22nd my uncle Maxime and Uncle Maria came to spend Christmas in Malaysia. They have even taken one room in the hotel for me, so just imagine. I HAVE A HOTEL ROOM FOR MYSELF!!!!! So I then spend Christmas with my uncle and aunty and they bought a lot of stuffs for Christmas for me. Wow wow wow!!! PRAISE GOD! I even made my housemates to stay one night with me in the hotel and my uncle blessed them dinner. Isn't that great? ;)

After staying in the nice hotel, we had to head to (Johor Bahru) JB to Ray's house. It was my first time to JB so that's where the interesting part of the story begins. The interesting thing is that JB ppl are different from KL ppl. I will say something that I've noticed but with no offense to the JB ppl. I noticed that the JB ppl, when they talk, they seem to be arguing and fighting verbally but actually it's not, that's the way they talk. They all talk so loud and for a normal person from other city would say, "why are these ppl fighting, they just started to talk and started to fight already!" Well that's the way they talk. I got used to it with time. The other thing that I noticed there is the fashion. The way they dress and their hairstyle is most likely to be the same. I noticed that mostly in girls, most of them have the same hairstyle which is quite funny and confusing to me. Just imagine that you're looking for a friend from JB and they all have the same hairstyle and you seem to see your friend in every corner of the shopping mall. Isn't it confusing?

I must say that JB food is very nice. I have been eating a lot during this holiday but I don't know how that I've become slimmer in this short period of time. The only food that I can remember which is very nice is the Otak otak and the nasi lemak. It's indeed the best that I've ever found in Malaysia so far! haha! Then on the 30Dec I went to Singapore. We all woke up at 6am and left at 6:45am to go to Singapore for church which was at 9:30am. But the problem we were still late! :( The good thing is that we met Kristy in the same MRT while going to church together with some members of W17. Wow I tell you, it's as if we were all going on a cell group trip to Singapore! haha!!! From a housemates trip changed into a cell group trip! hahaha!!! So we reach City Harvest Singapore late but still we had good seats. We were all worshipping God in this place and then the part where we have to welcome new friends in church, our whole row rise up and it was all our cell members! haha!! After church we went shopping to Orchard Road. It was great to go there and all their stuffs is cool but expensive I must say. After that we went back to JB again and we had to come back to Singapore again the next day and stay in the hotel that my uncle has booked for us. So cool right?

We went shopping in Bugis street and Bugis Junction is quite quite nice and cheap compared to Orchard Road. But there are a lot of people there and even to cross the road is not easy. Well then after new year we came back to JB and back to KL. WOW I finally finished posting this after severals days of laziness and lack of inspiration. Today I had time and I could finally post it.

-will post some pictures later-

No comments: