Search

Friday, October 20, 2006

A day no like any other!

Hello everybody!

Yesterday, 20th Oct 2006, may seems a terrible or unlucky day for me but actually it's not. Let me tell you what happened to me today.

I was planning to go to Singapore at first but then my parents didn't allow me to go. Then a few days later, they told me that I may go and it was only at the last minute. So I had to search for a place where someone could accomodate me in Singapore. All people I've asked, some didn't reply me, some not in the country and some couldn't accomodate me. Finally I got Carine and David who could accomodate me. Praise God!

I was excited to go to Singapore at first until my parents told me not to go. I was quite angry with their decision. And then I felt no joy in going to Singapore. Afterwards Meo sms me from Singapore telling me to come. She told me God has given me an opportunity to go. Then I thought for a while, should I go or not? I asked God, should I go or not? I was confused in my mind. On one side I wanted to go and on the other side I didn't want to go. I wanted to go to Singapore due to Deepavali and Hari Raya holidays. So I would get 1 week off from school, 5 days to be more specific.

I was planning to go to Singapore with Angeline (my cell member and hostel mate). As I setted my mind to go finally, I packed all my things earlier. I brought my big luggage with me as I didn't have a medium bag to carry. It was quite heavy when I packed my things. So yesterday we got ready to leave the hostel to the KL Sentral train terminal. I met Angeline's friends on the way who was going to Singapore too. I met a guy named Robin - yeah same name as me, I know, it was quite weird when I asked what's your name. :p You can imagine my face when I got the reply! haha!!! So when we all arrived at the KL Sentral terminal, there was no ticket for me. :( Guess what? We also arrived 5mins late. Have you ever seen a train arriving in advance and go in advance? Well that's what happened actually. The train was supposed to be at 2:30pm but we came at 2:20pm and the train left at 2:15pm!!! Since I didn't get any ticket because the train was already booked, then I had to return back to the hostel with my big luggage! Argghhh!!! Meanwhile Angeline and friends went to take another train to catch this train but unfortunately they failed! :( Why is it an unlucky day? But they finally went to Singapore by coach where they spent lots of money. Unlucky me, I already went back to the hostel.

Actually to be frank, I was expecting that I wouldn't be going to Singapore. It's because I had no joy in going actually. And I also learned a lesson from it - to view things in God's way and not my way. I usually view all things according to my way. So now it's like I really got a lesson from God. Sometimes a situation may turn bad, but actually it's not bad, it's just a lesson to learn from it to do better next time. I could have gone to Singapore anyway but since I experienced that when God says no for two times, don't ask for a 3rd time because the 3rd time might be very hard to accept. For eg, I was planning to go to Canada for studies, so I did all the possible ways to go there and study. But then for 3 times, I try to get in the university there. Unfortunately did not get it and I was quite sad and didn't know what to do afterwards. Thank to God that He guided me all the way to Malaysia now! :)

To conclude, God is control of everything, no matter what situation we may be. We should all learn from the situation God put us in. It's just a test of faith, the basic of life that everybody has to go through someday, and God wants to know how do we deal with it. Thank God that He has given me wisdom to understand what He really wants me to think and to do.

God bless,
Robin

No comments: